Common Service Contract Questions
What is a service contract?
Service contracts are agreements for specific acts, such as painting your house or tuning your car, and are distinguishable from contracts for goods. They’re used predominantly by contractors, freelancers, and consultants and, generally involve one party paying another party to perform a certain act.
Does a service agreement need to be in writing?
It’s always a great idea to put your understanding in writing. Since service contracts are so often used by contractors dealing with other small businesses or even families, the temptation may be there to simply work on a handshake. That can be dangerous, though. Having an agreement in writing solidifies the responsibilities of both parties, ensuring that a service is performed at a fair price.
What should I do if a contract is broken?
Sometimes, things don’t work out and you need to get out of a contract. We have forms below that allow you to amend or terminate a contract, but of course both parties will need to sign those agreements to make things official. Consider using those to keep a clean record of your agreement and avoid misunderstandings. If the other party breaks a contract and doesn’t come through on their end of the bargain, you may want to start looking into small claims court.
What are some important aspects of a service contract?
After you hammer out the critical details like dates and payments you may be wondering what else to include. A clear and comprehensive description of the work to be done is critical to a service contract. Specify the whats, hows, and whens--if you’re building, be sure to name specific materials to be used or approved alternatives. Having all the details in a contract can protect your rights if anything goes wrong.
Why Choose GBS?
- We Make It Simple: We check required documents, file your paperwork, and follow up with goverment agencies. All you need to do is tell us a little bit about your req.
- Specialists to Answer Your Questions: Our specialists have supported thousands of businesses just like yours. They can walk you through the entire process by phone and answer any questions you have.
- Legal Help: Whether you need to connect with a lawyer, create legal documents for your business, or need help staying compliant, we're here to help your business grow.
Need More Information?
- Company registration in Vietnam
- Doing Business in Vietnam
- What Kind Of Business Structure Should I Use When Starting a Business?
- Vietnam’s Visa and Work Permit Procedures
- Common Questions About Running a Business
- Common Intellectual Property Questions
- Legal Consultation Fee
- Personal income tax for resident and non-resident expatriates
- Hướng dẫn thủ tục xin xét cho phép sử dụng thẻ đi lại của doanh nhân APEC(ABTC)
- General Provisions
State Bank of Vietnam establishes fintech steering committee GBS - Governor of the State Bank of Vietnam (SBV) signed Decision...
Lee Hsien Loong on official visit to Vietnam GBS - Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong will make an official visit to...
Global Business Service (GBS) Co., Ltd
Hotline | Whatsapp | Viber | iMessage: (+84) 903189033
8th Floor, Trade Centre Building
135A Pasteur Khai St, Ward 6,
District. 3, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Tel: (84 8) 35002828 - Fax: (84 8) 35233894
Mobile No: +84-903189033 (Ms. Thu)
Hanoi Office (DNAS)
Suite 301, 5 Ba Trieu Str, Hoan Kiem Dist.,
Mobile No: +84-903189033 (Ms. Thu)
Malta Office (BT International)
Suite 2, The Penthouse, Capital Business Centre, Entrance C
Triq taz-Zwejt, San Gwann SGN 3000, Malta
Tel: +356 21637778 - Fax: +356 21634383
Japan Office (Sarkar Office Japan KK)
No.2 Saiwai Bldg.3F, 2-13-7 Higashi-Mukojima, Sumida-Ku,Tokyo 131-0032, Japan
Tel: (+81 3) 56319127 - Fax: (+81 3) 56319106