Company formation information
(i) Setting up foreign invested company: You shall be required to obtain an Investment Certificate from the competent authority. It shall take you about 15 working days from submission of application dossier to the competent authority for obtaining the Investment Certificate. For several special case, before obtaining Investment Certificate, you shall be required to obtain in-principal approval from authorities. After obtainment of Investment Certificate, you shall be required to obtain Certificate of Business Registration for Foreign Invested Company. This step shall take you about 5 working days to complete.
(ii) Benefit of foreign investor: Depending on specific business activities and/or location of the company, foreign investor is entitled to investment incentive such as Corporate Income Tax Exemption, Deduction or Deduction of land lease price etc. In case of change of law, Investment Incentive granted to Foreign Investor under the old law can be remained. After paying all tax applicable under Vietnam Law, Foreign Investor is entitled to transfer there benefit to abroad.
(iii) Foreign Invested Company can be structured as Limited Liability Company or Joint Stock Company. If you choose Joint Stock Company, it shall require at least 03 Shareholders. According to our practical experience, Limited Liability Company is generally favored in case Foreign Investor would like to setup wholly foreign owned company. However, in case of joint venture with local partner, Joint Stock Company is more favored due to the the Shareholder may freely transfer its shareholding after 03 years from the year of incorporation.
For providing you more detailed advice, please answer us following questions:
- What is your proposed business activities in Vietnam?
- Will you joint venture with a local partner?
- Which City would you like to setup the company in Vietnam?
- How much will you invest into Vietnam?
We do hope that the above information is helpful for you.
- Nearly 9,000 new companies launched in Vietnam in January
- Foreign enterprises call for less frequent wage increases
- Vietnam company formation
- Common Questions about Starting a Business in Vietnam
- Licensing Procedures for Foreign-Invested Enterprises in Vietnam
- Restrictions on Foreign Direct Investment in Vietnam
- The Roles and Responsibilities of the Legal Representative in Vietnam
- Establishing Representative Offices and Branches of Foreign Traders in Vietnam
- List of Projects for Which an Environmental Impact Assessment Report Must Be Prepared
- List of projects of which the investment policy shall be approved by the prime minister
State Bank of Vietnam establishes fintech steering committee GBS - Governor of the State Bank of Vietnam (SBV) signed Decision...
Lee Hsien Loong on official visit to Vietnam GBS - Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong will make an official visit to...
Global Business Service (GBS) Co., Ltd
Hotline | Whatsapp | Viber | iMessage: (+84) 903189033
8th Floor, Trade Centre Building
135A Pasteur Khai St, Ward 6,
District. 3, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Tel: (84 8) 35002828 - Fax: (84 8) 35233894
Mobile No: +84-903189033 (Ms. Thu)
Hanoi Office (DNAS)
Suite 301, 5 Ba Trieu Str, Hoan Kiem Dist.,
Mobile No: +84-903189033 (Ms. Thu)
Malta Office (BT International)
Suite 2, The Penthouse, Capital Business Centre, Entrance C
Triq taz-Zwejt, San Gwann SGN 3000, Malta
Tel: +356 21637778 - Fax: +356 21634383
Japan Office (Sarkar Office Japan KK)
No.2 Saiwai Bldg.3F, 2-13-7 Higashi-Mukojima, Sumida-Ku,Tokyo 131-0032, Japan
Tel: (+81 3) 56319127 - Fax: (+81 3) 56319106