GBS’s client is a private institutional investment management complex consisting of an international team of researchers and technologists who constantly work toward even greater quantification and automation in the development of its processes.
We are seeking a General Manager for a research and technology office based in Hanoi, Vietnam. The successful candidate will work closely with GBS’s client’s global management team in managing the office.
Job Responsibilities (include, but not limited to the following):
- Motivating research and technology staff to maximize productivity and creativity;
- Working with Chief Research Officer, and Chief Technology Officer to help the researchers and technology staff in Vietnam achieve top performance;
- Creating a working environment of enthusiasm, entrepreneurship and collegiality;
- Recruiting top research and technology talent; and
- Managing accounting and other general and administrative tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering, science or mathematics required; a technical degree from a leading university such as MIT or Stanford is a plus;
- MBA is a plus;
- 5 or more years of experience managing professional staffs, including quantitative finance researchers, engineers, mathematicians, and/or research scientists;
- Strong work ethic and leadership;
- Ability to promote the company, and hire top talent from the best universities in Vietnam and in other countries;
- Experience working in a research department is a plus; and
- Entrepreneurial experience is a plus.
GBS's client is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation or preference, age, marital status, citizenship, national origin, disability, military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable law.